Phone: (403) 269-9400
Jennifer Blanchard earned a Bachelor of Journalism (Honours) degree from the University of King’s College in Halifax and worked as a newspaper journalist in Nova Scotia and British Columbia before beginning her legal career. She earned a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Calgary, graduating in 2008. During law school Jennifer was an active volunteer with Student Legal Assistance, conducting numerous trials and applications on behalf of clients who could not afford legal representation. She represented the University of Calgary in the Gale Cup Moot, where she won the Chief Justice Dickson Medal for Outstanding Advocacy, and the Jessup International Law moot.
Upon graduation in 2008 Jennifer articled with the Macleod Dixon law firm and had a general litigation practice with that firm before joining Hendrix Law in 2014. Jennifer brings to Hendrix Law a broad background of litigation, trial and appeal experience, including mortgage and loan enforcement, insolvency, commercial landlord/tenant disputes, real property disputes, builders’ lien and construction litigation, and judgment enforcement. Jennifer has appeared in the Alberta Provincial Court, Court of Queen’s Bench and Alberta Court of Appeal and has also acted for clients in mediations and other alternative dispute resolutions.
Selected reported decisions:
Jennifer is a member of the Canadian Bar Association. Outside of law, Jennifer enjoys horseback riding, snowboarding and roller derby.
- Successful appeal from chambers decision striking plaintiff's pleadings for contempt of court: 2013 ABCA 381
- Successful appeal from chambers decision concerning co-ownership of property: 2013 ABCA 159
- Successful trial defense of lawyer in mortgage fraud matter: 2013 ABQB 185
- Successful appeal from trial decision in professional negligence matter: 2011 ABQB 708
- Significant decision concerning solicitor-client privilege: 2011 ABQB 169
#500, 707 - 7th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta Canada
Phone: (403) 269-9400 Ext. 231
Fax: (403) 266-2447
Check out our Blog
Proud Associations with:
Our core legal practice areas are:
We also provide general legal services in the areas of:
- foreclosures and enforcement of security
- mortgage financing
- real estate purchase and sales
- wills and estates
- and civil litigation
- residential tenancy and
- personal injury law.